Support for staying clean and sober the LifeRing way
A network of friends helping each other to live free of alcohol and other addictive drugs, based on the philosophy of LifeRing.
Please click here to visit the homepage of Lifering Secular Recovery, to get even more information about Lifering. Lifering's online support includes (clickable links in blue):
2. A list of face-to-face meetings, updated regularly. (See further below for a list of regional Lifering websites.)
3. Information on how Lifering works, including its "toolbox" for sobriety.
4. Links to a variety of email lists, including ones for people who may struggle with food/body issues, a women's list and a UK list.
5. A bulletin board service discussion forum. (Note: Content is publicly visible.)
6. How to become a convenor and help starting a meeting.
7. Information on making a donation to Lifering.
1. Click here for a list of general guidelines for comment posting, blog posting, forum posting, commenting on others' blog and forum posts, etc.
2. Individuals' "status" messages are editable at the top of individual members' pages.
3. The forum section is for more general discussion posts, while blogs are generally more personal in nature. There's no hard-and-fast division points between the two.
4. Groups may be for things such as particular addictions (like marijuana) within Lifering's support, or for using technology, science, etc. for helping in support and recovery. Discussion, support and focus in groups should be guided by the same principles of recovery support listed in the guidelines above for posting in the general area of this site.
5. Members are free to post videos, podcasts and other audio clips, and photos. There is currently a limit of 20 per day on photo posting.
6. Ning has many "personalization" settings for design of your home page, etc. Play around!
7. Regarding privacy issues, the front page of this site is visible to the public; individual pages, blog and forum posts not listed on the front, etc., are NOT visible to the public.
URLs for regional websites below are clickable hyperlinks
Please email Steve or Jeff if you have a new regional website or Facebook page to post here.
First I find out that I have been misdiagnosed for the past 15 years as bipolar and taking a huge cocktail of psychiatric meds everyday only to find out that I have Borderline Personalty Disorder, which requires NO MEDICATIONS. So, now they have…Continue
I decided to clean up and get my ass in gear, last Monday and went to a meeting. Yesterday I met with my ex boyfriend and had one glass of beer and bite to eat and then left for home.
But what happened today is that I ended up at the…Continue
I had so much to drink to last Tuesday that I threw up but that didn't stop me from drinking Thursday and Saturday. I broke up with my long term boyfriend, the only person I drink with, on Saturday night. Then since I was feeling so shitty…Continue
Just popping in again at the beginning of the year -- my eighth year sober this will be on 17 March.
If you're just starting out, please hang in there. It gets easier and there's plenty of support.
Happy 2015 to everyone.
I recently got very puking sick from drinking palm beach, vodka and cranberry, 6 beers, some white wine, and smoked pot too boot. That was last week. During my drinking period I noticed one night that I was drinking beer it seemed like each one…Continue