Support for staying clean and sober the LifeRing way
A network of friends helping each other to live free of alcohol and other addictive drugs, based on the philosophy of LifeRing.
Please click here to visit the homepage of Lifering Secular Recovery, to get even more information about Lifering. Lifering's online support includes (clickable links in blue):
2. A list of face-to-face meetings, updated regularly. (See further below for a list of regional Lifering websites.)
3. Information on how Lifering works, including its "toolbox" for sobriety.
4. Links to a variety of email lists, including ones for people who may struggle with food/body issues, a women's list and a UK list.
5. A bulletin board service discussion forum. (Note: Content is publicly visible.)
6. How to become a convenor and help starting a meeting.
7. Information on making a donation to Lifering.
For more on that new meeting kit and other support, click here.
1. Click here for a list of general guidelines for comment posting, blog posting, forum posting, commenting on others' blog and forum posts, etc.
2. Individuals' "status" messages are editable at the top of individual members' pages.
3. The forum section is for more general discussion posts, while blogs are generally more personal in nature. There's no hard-and-fast division points between the two.
4. Groups may be for things such as particular addictions (like marijuana) within Lifering's support, or for using technology, science, etc. for helping in support and recovery. Discussion, support and focus in groups should be guided by the same principles of recovery support listed in the guidelines above for posting in the general area of this site.
5. Members are free to post videos, podcasts and other audio clips, and photos. There is currently a limit of 20 per day on photo posting.
6. Ning has many "personalization" settings for design of your home page, etc. Play around!
7. Regarding privacy issues, the front page of this site is visible to the public; individual pages, blog and forum posts not listed on the front, etc., are NOT visible to the public.
URLs for regional websites below are clickable hyperlinks
Please email Steve or Jeff if you have a new regional website or Facebook page to post here.
A day in my life
I have to remember that today is a gift. That is why it is the present.
I have come to realize that when I try to make some one else happy and kinda put some of my recover to the side, it gets way to easy to keep putting…
So Early tueday morning my husband walked out on me. He always seems to find a reason to be mad and angry. I am not drinking so he can no longer be mad about that. So now it is my job, how I do do enough for him, Money. He lives in the past and…Continue
Just not feeling it today. Have things to get done. I am looking forward to my family being together later today to do our christmas. Hard to get together when my kids do not drive. so have to do a lot of driving to get every one…Continue
I never thought I would say I have not had a drink in 30 days. But today I can say that. It has not been easy and I know I will have to work on it the rest of my life
I am still working on not isolating myself and still working on my daily…Continue
I have not kept a thing in me for 22 very long exhausting tiring days. Get sent from one person to another in and out of the ER (am diabetic now too) Had blood sugar under 20 (under 1 for those in UK and Australia) Only one really trying to help…Continue