Support for staying clean and sober the LifeRing way
A network of friends helping each other to live free of alcohol and other addictive drugs, based on the philosophy of LifeRing.
Please click here to visit the homepage of Lifering Secular Recovery, to get even more information about Lifering. Lifering's online support includes (clickable links in blue):
2. A list of face-to-face meetings, updated regularly. (See further below for a list of regional Lifering websites.)
3. Information on how Lifering works, including its "toolbox" for sobriety.
4. Links to a variety of email lists, including ones for people who may struggle with food/body issues, a women's list and a UK list.
5. A bulletin board service discussion forum. (Note: Content is publicly visible.)
6. How to become a convenor and help starting a meeting.
7. Information on making a donation to Lifering.
1. Click here for a list of general guidelines for comment posting, blog posting, forum posting, commenting on others' blog and forum posts, etc.
2. Individuals' "status" messages are editable at the top of individual members' pages.
3. The forum section is for more general discussion posts, while blogs are generally more personal in nature. There's no hard-and-fast division points between the two.
4. Groups may be for things such as particular addictions (like marijuana) within Lifering's support, or for using technology, science, etc. for helping in support and recovery. Discussion, support and focus in groups should be guided by the same principles of recovery support listed in the guidelines above for posting in the general area of this site.
5. Members are free to post videos, podcasts and other audio clips, and photos. There is currently a limit of 20 per day on photo posting.
6. Ning has many "personalization" settings for design of your home page, etc. Play around!
7. Regarding privacy issues, the front page of this site is visible to the public; individual pages, blog and forum posts not listed on the front, etc., are NOT visible to the public.
URLs for regional websites below are clickable hyperlinks
Please email Steve or Jeff if you have a new regional website or Facebook page to post here.
Well this is an early event! Not part of my planned blog ... but an event.
In my first week of 'giving up drink I went to my doctors and had a mini health check. My blood pressure was High. 160/90 and I was told to come back in a week. I…Continue
So day 18!! OMG nearly 3 weeks sober. I have had a good week in terms of building bridges with my family, friends and even myself!!
I have kept myself really busy this week trying to engage back into the world from a sober perspective. By…Continue
So 2 weeks of sobriety. Not that I haven't done this many times before. But this time its not a dry spell before I recommence my offensive on my life with destructive drink anymore!
I am steadfast on my stance of sobriety. I cant see any…Continue
I feel like because I don't feel like I want to just give up this week life has decided to attack my kids. My son is away at college, he has come a long way from the troubled kid who failed the 5th grade. He's going to a private christian college…Continue