Support for staying clean and sober the LifeRing way
A network of friends helping each other to live free of alcohol and other addictive drugs, based on the philosophy of LifeRing.
Please click here to visit the homepage of Lifering Secular Recovery, to get even more information about Lifering. Lifering's online support includes (clickable links in blue):
2. A list of face-to-face meetings, updated regularly. (See further below for a list of regional Lifering websites.)
3. Information on how Lifering works, including its "toolbox" for sobriety.
4. Links to a variety of email lists, including ones for people who may struggle with food/body issues, a women's list and a UK list.
5. A bulletin board service discussion forum. (Note: Content is publicly visible.)
6. How to become a convenor and help starting a meeting.
7. Information on making a donation to Lifering.
1. Click here for a list of general guidelines for comment posting, blog posting, forum posting, commenting on others' blog and forum posts, etc.
2. Individuals' "status" messages are editable at the top of individual members' pages.
3. The forum section is for more general discussion posts, while blogs are generally more personal in nature. There's no hard-and-fast division points between the two.
4. Groups may be for things such as particular addictions (like marijuana) within Lifering's support, or for using technology, science, etc. for helping in support and recovery. Discussion, support and focus in groups should be guided by the same principles of recovery support listed in the guidelines above for posting in the general area of this site.
5. Members are free to post videos, podcasts and other audio clips, and photos. There is currently a limit of 20 per day on photo posting.
6. Ning has many "personalization" settings for design of your home page, etc. Play around!
7. Regarding privacy issues, the front page of this site is visible to the public; individual pages, blog and forum posts not listed on the front, etc., are NOT visible to the public.
URLs for regional websites below are clickable hyperlinks
Please email Steve or Jeff if you have a new regional website or Facebook page to post here.
I found out today, that my Hep B has recurred. I am sick again 15 years later. I had to do some research but I found out that my psychiatrist (I am bipolar) put me on a drug called Epival and being a person who had acute history or any history of…Continue
I have had blackouts before but this one in particular was a doozy.
I went to 2 Halloween parties and was wrecked before we got to the next party and I was already gone. I went with my boyfriend and these people were his friend not mine.…Continue
Hello there! I am Robin, and this is my very first day on this forum. I have been a drinker for most of my life, going through periods of intense drinking to moderate drinking and even abstaining for a year. I always end up back at the bar,…Continue
Although I often think myself into tail-chasing circles trying to anticipate unlikely, unfortunate eventualities, I have been able to think through the ideas of drinking,…Continue
Important civil lawsuit news from in the US. However, even the legal settlement may not eliminate problems:
>>The money, which includes attorneys’ fees, wasn’t his main object, Hazle said. “I just want to make sure that somebody else…Continue