Support for staying clean and sober the LifeRing way
A network of friends helping each other to live free of alcohol and other addictive drugs, based on the philosophy of LifeRing.
Please click here to visit the homepage of Lifering Secular Recovery, to get even more information about Lifering. Lifering's online support includes (clickable links in blue):
2. A list of face-to-face meetings, updated regularly. (See further below for a list of regional Lifering websites.)
3. Information on how Lifering works, including its "toolbox" for sobriety.
4. Links to a variety of email lists, including ones for people with a dual-diagnosis background, for those who may struggle with food/body issues, a women's list and a UK list.
5. A bulletin board service discussion forum. (Note: Content is publicly visible.)
6. How to become a convenor and help starting a meeting.
7. Information on making a donation to Lifering.
For more on that new meeting kit and other support, click here.
1. Click here for a list of general guidelines for comment posting, blog posting, forum posting, commenting on others' blog and forum posts, etc.
2. Individuals' "status" messages are editable at the top of individual members' pages.
3. The forum section is for more general discussion posts, while blogs are generally more personal in nature. There's no hard-and-fast division points between the two.
4. Groups may be for things such as particular addictions (like marijuana) within Lifering's support, or for using technology, science, etc. for helping in support and recovery. Discussion, support and focus in groups should be guided by the same principles of recovery support listed in the guidelines above for posting in the general area of this site.
5. Members are free to post videos, podcasts and other audio clips, and photos. There is currently a limit of 20 per day on photo posting.
6. Ning has many "personalization" settings for design of your home page, etc. Play around!
7. Regarding privacy issues, the front page of this site is visible to the public; individual pages, blog and forum posts not listed on the front, etc., are NOT visible to the public.
URLs for regional websites below are clickable hyperlinks
12. Lifering Utah
Please email Steve or Jeff if you have a new regional website or Facebook page to post here.
I was using pot on a regular basis and was suddenly hit with a bad case of insomnia. I haven't stayed up through to the next day since 16 years ago. I know that is a danger sign for my mental health and decided not to fuck with my mental health…Continue
For 16 years I was told that I was Bipolar and put on high dose medications, then told 2 years ago that I was not. In order to come down safely off of the meds I had to be clean and sober and I wasn't ready. But now I am. I don't like AA, so I am…Continue
I am a super-agnostic who has been attending local AA groups here in Prescott, Arizona. Some of the groups are sincere and open-minded. Most are riddled with superstition and magical thinking. Last night I went to a supposed agnostic AA group…Continue
I have a new job... And if not for my higher power I would not be the person I am today. To show up for the interview not hung over and be able to pass my drug screen.
I had to pass a drug screen and FBI fingerprinting..
Well stuck at home for a couple days while hubby recoups from surgery. Some one has to be home for him for at least the first week. So I am home till Thursday. Then daughter will be here wile I am at work. Good thing I only work part time right…Continue
It has been a while since I have posted anything. Been almost 2 months since my last drink. But I need to get back on track. I have been slacking. With the flu running rampet and working at a hospital in environmental services. and with people…Continue